Quick, Nutritious Meals
Here are some super-fast, easy recipes for snack, breakfast, lunch and dinner for people on the go who need something substantial to keep them going and want to avoid the health-risky fast foods.
- Mung Bean Sprouts
- Oil less Popcorn
- Soaked dates-sunflower seeds
- Mashed avocado spread with Olive oil, salt, pepper
- Soaked peanuts
- Soaked mixed nuts and seeds: sunflower, pumpkin, flax, sesame, cashews and 1 T honey.
- Peanut Milk with 1 T Honey
- Soaked mixed dried fruits
- Dates soaked in coconut milk
- Bliss Balls: tahini, honey, milk powder rolled in desiccated coconut
- Carob powder, avocado, coconut oil, honey, milk powder: Blend together
- Very ripe bananas (those having brown spots on the skin)
- Soaked muesli with milk
- Soaked oats, peanuts and dates in milk
- Fruit salad with yoghurt
- Smoothie: banana, milk, honey, spirulina
- Soaked couscous in milk with dates, sunflower seeds
- Soaked semolina in milk with dates, sunflower seeds
- Soaked peanut, chick peas and mung bean with olive oil, salt, pepper, lemon juice
- Boiled sweet potato with butter, milk, 1 T honey
- Weetabix with soaked dates, peanuts and yoghurt
- Smoothie: soaked dates, avocado, milk, 1 T honey
- Boiled plantain with milk, 1 T honey
- Baked sweet potato with olive oil, salt, pepper
- Baked butternut with olive oil, salt, pepper
- Baked potato and carrot with olive oil, salt, pepper
- Baked eggplant, tomato and green pepper with olive oil, salt, pepper
- Baked plantain (unripe banana) with olive oil, salt, pepper
- Soaked couscous with chopped tomato with olive oil, salt, pepper
- Boiled butternut with cinnamon and butter
- Salad: lettuce, tomato, grated carrot, mung bean sprouts, coriander leaf with olive oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper
- Humus on ryvita: blend chick peas, tahini with olive oil, salt, pepper, lemon
- Soya Mayonnaise: Blend tofu, with olive oil, salt, pepper, lemon juice, coriander leaf
Use as a base: rice cake, whole wheat cake, corn cake, ryvita, pro-vita, matzos or rye bread
- Slow cook: samp and beans with salt, pepper. Add olive oil at end
- Boil tomato and spinach together. Stir in peanut powder.
- Quinoa with steamed vegetables
- Soak yellow split mung dhal. Cook with tomato, salt, pepper. Add chopped coriander leaf at end.
- Slow cook kitcharee: buckwheat, yellow split mung dhal (pre-soaked), mixed vegetables, curry leaves, salt, pepper.
- Mixed vegetable soup: boil all together with bay leaves, sage, salt, pepper.
- Butternut soup: Boil. Blend with salt, pepper, coriander leaves, and yellow powder.
- Potato-Sweet Potato Soup
- Mixed steamed vegetable (cauliflower, green beans, peas). Stir in unhydrogenated peanut butter to make casserole dish.
- Mixed steamed vegetable (broccoli, carrots peas) stir in channa flour and yoghurt to make casserole dish.
Side dish can be any of the following: brown rice, quinoa, buckwheat, couscous, bulgur wheat. If the grains are soaked for at least 6 hours before, they will cook very quickly.